August 5, 2015 by vinylburns
Hi Lovely Fruitcakes.
I’ve just finished week two of my run here at Niagara Falls – City Of Soup and Soul Searching.
Here’s what I’ve learned.
1) Dinosaur Mini Golf – if you really want to convince people that your golf is small, stacking life size dinosaurs all across the course will really sell the idea. Also, a giant volcano blasting real fire every five minutes, that’ll help keep the paranoid flip-jobs at bay.
2) The days when the hotel internet works. That’s pretty outstanding.
3) Internet again. The “Cogeco” wifi will accept any old email address to give you free connectivity. I also tried Donald Trump’s phone number, but it said it was “incorrectly orientated”.
4) Queen street in Downtown Niagara has a music shop going out of business. Picked up a couple of sweet guitar straps, a 175m guitar cable and some saxophones, all for just $37.90
5) The pay cheque. Just knowing that we’re being paid to be here takes the edge of all the pings and buzzers and sparkles and jangles… So we can just do our job and live right.
Can’t wait to be back in NZ in a couple of weeks to build my crazy new adventure… (Stay tuned)